The Brand South Africa Photographic initiative is a South African entity that was established in 2018 to foster a love for and desire to showcase the incredible imagery of our beautiful country through photography and imagery.
We hope to achieve this by conceptualising and implementing an interactive competition and creative web space to upload and showcase these beautiful images.
Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative is now the ‘premier photography competition in the country run in association with Brand South Africa.
We hope to run an annual competition to gather award winning photographs and in doing so will create a digital library / catalogue of incredible images to be used by anyone who joins/belongs to our website. We aim to grow this repository on a monthly basis as and when images are received.
– “Promote photographic excellence amongst existing photographers”
– “Attract new audiences from all segments of our population to photography as an art form”
– “Encourage a love for and desire to promote and uplift our beautiful country”
– “Market South Africa to a massive global audience”
PHOTO RIGHTS AND USE:
Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the company reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The company is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions to the Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. The company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The company is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, servers, providers, computer on-line systems, software, or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, including injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or uploading images or information in the Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative competition.
If, for any reason, the Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the company that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the awards, the company reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative competition.
In no event will the company, its subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, or their directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of participant’s access to and use of the company website or the downloading or uploading and/or printing of material from said sites. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the company site is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so some of the foregoing limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- The competition will open for all entries at 00:00 CAT on 15 September 2018 and close at 23:59 CAT on 30 November 2018.
- Entries are open to all photographers who are not directly involved in the organisation of the competition, judging process, or direct family members of the judging panel.
- Each entrant must submit a minimum of 5 images per upload/entry.
- Multiple entries will be allowed, a minimum of 5 images per upload/entry applies.
- The organisers of Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative will in their own discretion allocate images to be used in the Portfolio category into individual categories if such images are considered to be used. The organisers of Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative will in their own discretion allocate images used in individual categories by entrants to the portfolio.
- Entries must be submitted via WWW.THENEXTBESTTHING.CO.ZA
- A selection of winning entries will be displayed on the home page of the site.
- Decisions of the Organisers relating to all matters are binding and final and no communication or discussions will be entered into.
- In the case of the youth entries parents/guardians are responsible for the full compliance of the youth photographer to all rules and regulations of the of Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative.
- By entering Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative photographers acknowledge that they are the sole copyright holders to all images entered and agree that a irrevocable right is given to Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative, its associates and partners to reproduce and publish by any means any selected images in all media throughout the world in relationship to Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative. “No photographs entered for BSAP Africa will be offered for sale for any commercial or other purpose other than for the marketing of Brand South Africa. Photographers will be credited for the use of their images in terms of the marketing of Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative”.
- The ownership and copyright of all images remains with the photographer and the photographer will be credited in all usage of the image.
- Brand South Africa Photographic Initiative reserves the right to crop any image used for the purpose of the to accommodate the desired format. Any cropping will be applied with the utmost photographic discretion.
By entering your images into the BSAPI competition, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the conditions as set out above.
- All photos must accurately and truthfully reflect the subject.
- Entrants must not infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person, or submit images that involve the conscious harassment of wildlife, people, the public or environmental damaging by the photographer.
- In the case of micro photography the photographic technique of image stacking will be allowed provided that the original truth of the image is not altered.
- In the case of land and seascapes panoramic stitching will be allowed provided that the original truth of the image is maintained.
- All relevant information must be supplied.
- Multiple exposures created in camera will be allowed provided that the original truth of the scene or scenes is maintained.
- No images of captive or restrained animals or images taken in restricted areas whether for rehabilitation, protection or any other purpose will be allowed.
- Entrants confirm that all caption information supplied is accurate and complete.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What are the categories for the competition?
There are 5 categories to choose from:
• People and Culture;
What format should my images be?
Images must be 8-bit jpg files in Adobe RGB (1998) colour profile, sized to 420mm on the longest axis at 300DPI, and must be larger than 3mb in file size, but no larger than 15mb. Images must not contain any frames or watermarks
How many photos can I submit?
Multiple entries are allowed. Each upload has a minimum of 5 images per entry, and each contestant may enter as many times as they would like to.
In how many different categories am I allowed to enter my photos?
You may enter as many images as you like in each category as long as you adhere to the minimum requirement.
What can I win?
It is with pleasure that BSAPI can announce that the winner will receive a holiday to the value of R10 000,00. Additional spot prizes to be confirmed.